Information We Collect
• Listening Open to All. You can listen to music on Sutros without registering an account and your personal identity will not be tracked. We do, however, keep tabs on standard technical information for all visitors, such as your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, operating system, cookies, the date/time stamp and clickstream data.
• Account-Related Activity. You must register an account to enable certain other activities on Sutros—like uploading songs, transferring songs to your library, organizing playlists and downloading songs.
• Information Volunteered. When you sign up for an account, we ask for some personal information including your email address, a password and your designated username. Later on, we may ask you for further information such as your location, date of birth, which instruments you play and which music genres are of interest to you.
• Information Collected. Details about your usage may be automatically recorded by our servers and associated with your account. Usage information includes the frequency with which you use Sutros, the contacts with whom you communicate, the music you listen to, the music you download and the number of songs you upload and transfer to your library. All financial transactions related to Sutros are conducted through secure outside agents. We will never ask for sensitive information such as your credit card number or social security number.
• Content Uploaded to the Site. Personal information and content that you choose to contribute to the website is publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
• Technical information is stored, tracked and analyzed so that we can diagnose system problems, administer the webite and enhance our functionality and design capabilities.
•We use session and persistent cookies, clear gifs and log file information to store your preferences so that you will not have to re-enter them during your session or the next time you visit Sutros. Also, we may use this data to monitor our traffic and the effectiveness of our marketing.
• We don't run pop-up ads anywhere on the site.
• Your username (not your email address) is displayed to other users on your public page and on the profile page for each song you upload. Any music you submit to Sutros may be redistributed online and through other media and may be accessed by the general public.
• We don't send unsolicited emails for marketing purposes. You can opt to receive communications from us such as newsletters and service updates when you sign up for an account. You can always change your communications preferences on your profile page.
• We provide a message service that protects your personal email address from third-party scraping and spam.
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Sites
Sutros does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad networks without your consent. However, please note that if an advertiser asks Sutros to show an ad intended for a certain audience segment and you respond to that ad, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the profile of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of Sutros, such as the number of times you viewed an ad, to determine which ads to deliver to you in the future.
Also, all purchases of songs that appear on Sutros are processed through outside agents that are not owned or controlled by Sutros. Sutros does not disclose your personal information to these agents, nor are we responsible for any data obtained by them.
Publicly Available Information
• If you have an account, the bare minimum personal information available to other users is your username, which is associated with the songs you upload to Sutros.
• You may choose to display additional personal information that will be available to other users on your public page. By extension, this information is available throughout the entire Web.
Your Choices and Responsibilities
• Our service is intended to increase artists' availability and contact resources, though it is up to you whether, and how much, you make personally identifiable information available on Sutros. Keep in mind that once you post information on Sutros, it is available to the whole wide Web. So if you wouldn't want your ex-boyfriend, mom, former teacher or prying aunt Irene to know of certain details about you, think twice before you include them here.
• You may control and alter information available to other users on your public page by updating your profile in the dashboard.
• Unless you would like to include private contact information on your public page, users may send a message to you through the Sutros messaging service.
• Access to your account information is password-protected. Keep your account password secure and be sure to log out when you are through with your session.
For more information about our privacy practices and to submit feedback on our policy, write to us at:
3288 21st Street #185
San Francisco, CA 94110